10 Facts About Your Feet! November 23, 2018
Different Types Of Foot Pain And What You Can Do About Them! October 10, 2018
Customer Travel Stories August 16, 2018
It's Slipper Weather! May 18, 2018
A Boot For Every Occasion... April 19, 2018
Tips And Tricks From The Grundy's Shoes Team! February 19, 2018
Last Minute Christmas Gift Ideas December 20, 2017
The Gentlemen's Guide To Dress Shoes November 22, 2017
New Season, New Shoes! October 18, 2017
How To Fit My New Birkenstocks September 12, 2017
Feet are probably one of the most overworked and underappreciated parts of our bodies. You might be surprised to know how much work your feet do for you each day, so, here’s 10 interesting facts about our trusty feet!
1. Did you know that your foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments, and a whopping 250,000 sweat glands!?
2. 25% of the bones in the human body are located in the feet. Look after them!
3. Walking is the best exercise for your feet, as well as it being beneficial overall exercise for your body: it boosts circulation and helps you burn calories.
4. It is best to purchase shoes in the afternoon, as feet tend to swell later in the day.
5. In a lifetime, the average person will take 128,000kms in steps. That's more than three times around the earth!
6. The first pair of shoes appeared almost 40,000 years ago. The oldest pair in existence was found buried in ancient sheep dung in a cave in Armenia.
7. 9 out of 10 women wear shoes that are too small for them.
8. About 40 percent of Australians will experience some form of foot problem in their lifetime.
9. The largest foot ever belonged to Robert Wadlow of the USA. Not only was he the tallest man that ever lived, but he had the largest foot, measuring a whopping 47cm long.
10. If your whole foot touches the floor when you stand, you have flat feet!