How do I look after my Arche items? May 26, 2021
What are the best shoes for walking? May 03, 2021
Black Shoes For Healthcare Workers February 15, 2021
How To Take Care Of Your Birkenstocks January 06, 2021
Stocking Fillers! December 11, 2020
Grundy's 2020 Christmas Gift Guide December 03, 2020
Ecco Spring/Summer 2020 Range August 18, 2020
How To Clean, Protect, And Revive Your Shoes July 10, 2020
Top 10 Winter Boots For Men & Women May 25, 2020
Feet are probably one of the most overworked and underappreciated parts of our bodies. You might be surprised to know how much work your feet do for you each day, so, here’s 10 interesting facts about our trusty feet!
1. Did you know that your foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments, and a whopping 250,000 sweat glands!?
2. 25% of the bones in the human body are located in the feet. Look after them!
3. Walking is the best exercise for your feet, as well as it being beneficial overall exercise for your body: it boosts circulation and helps you burn calories.
4. It is best to purchase shoes in the afternoon, as feet tend to swell later in the day.
5. In a lifetime, the average person will take 128,000kms in steps. That's more than three times around the earth!
6. The first pair of shoes appeared almost 40,000 years ago. The oldest pair in existence was found buried in ancient sheep dung in a cave in Armenia.
7. 9 out of 10 women wear shoes that are too small for them.
8. About 40 percent of Australians will experience some form of foot problem in their lifetime.
9. The largest foot ever belonged to Robert Wadlow of the USA. Not only was he the tallest man that ever lived, but he had the largest foot, measuring a whopping 47cm long.
10. If your whole foot touches the floor when you stand, you have flat feet!