Ecco Spring/Summer 2020 Range August 18, 2020
How To Clean, Protect, And Revive Your Shoes July 10, 2020
Top 10 Winter Boots For Men & Women May 25, 2020
Best Work Shoes For Men & Women February 28, 2020
Our Top 5 Men's Orthotic Friendly Shoes January 16, 2020
Christmas Gift Guide December 04, 2019
5 Women’s Orthotic Friendly Shoes To Wear This Summer November 21, 2019
New Season Shoe Picks By The Grundy’s Shoes Staff! October 16, 2019
Fitting Your FRANKiE4's & Different Ways To Lace Your Shoes September 20, 2019
Whether you’re hiking in the Himalayas or to the peaks of The Alps, the right outdoor footwear should always be at the very top of your list when thinking about going on your next adventure.
There are three things that can help you choose boots that are the best possible fit to your foot.
- Get to know your feet and gait: Your feet and ankles basically do three things when you walk. They absorb shock each time your heel hits the ground, they keep the rest of your body stable as it changes position, and they propel you forward or backward. Part of our natural foot function is to either pronate (roll in) or supinate (roll out) when we stand and walk. Take note of how much you do this, as excessive roll can lead to knee or lower back pain on long walks.
- Get the right fit: Once you are on intimate terms with your feet, you need to have them properly fitted. You should always look for a fitting with a wide shoe ‘box’, an articulated ankle system for flexible ankle support, a well-cushioned, flexible last for good arch support, and shock-absorbing outer sole that wouldn’t impede motion but reduce the impact of any excessive rolling on your knees and hips.
- And last but not least, get the right size: Get your feet measured for length and width. Then think about how much fuller your feet feel after you have used them for a few hours, when they are warm and pumped full of blood. Remember that feeling and allow for it when you buy your boots.
Once you have picked your boots, if they are the right fit:
- They should feel comfortable and snug
- Your heels should feel firmly held and your arch supported
- Your toes won’t scrunch into the front of the boot
- Your foot won’t slide around as you walk and dance, or be pushing out over the edge
From light, fast hikers to ultra-durable pack boots, Grundy’s Shoes is ready to help you take on the trails in comfort and style.
Finding a balance between comfort and fashion is key when searching for travel footwear. Whether you’re wandering the streets of Prague, relaxing at a café in Rome or shopping up a storm in Paris, it is almost guaranteed that you’re going to walk a ton each day.
You can easily walk 10-15 kilometres a day, so you want to treat your feet well. Even standing for long periods of time in museums can be killer on your feet. Those fashionable, yet uncomfortable, shoes will make your entire trip terrible. But that doesn’t mean you have to wear your typical ‘comfort’ looking shoes… You don’t even need to search because Grundy’s Shoes have exactly what you need to find comfortable shoes without the sacrifice of style.
If there’s one brand that we highly recommend for travelling, it’s FRANKiE4; the secret lies in the patented custom fit system.
Included in every box of FRANKiE4’S (excluding sandals) is a full-length functional footbed for ladies with regular width feet, a ½ length footbed for those with wider feet and additional forefoot cushions for ladies with narrow feet. It’s a smorgasbord of goodies for your feet!
All FRANKiE4 sole units give a soft but stable ride through all phases of the walking cycle. The FRANKiE4 heel counter is made of thermoplastic which is designed to mould to the shape of your heel with wear, allowing you to get the perfect fit.
All these elements that make up FRANKiE4 footwear will be what keeps you on your feet all day in comfort, and some would say more importantly, in style whilst on your travels.
North, South, East or West? ‘Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail’ – Ralph Waldo Emerson.
"But what about afterwards?", you ask. Since 1981, Merrell has been and still is the footwear that gets you to the mountain and beyond, built with true innovation and exceptional design. But something was missing. What about the campsite after your hike through the trails, or the lunch break after biking up your local track? Pairing rugged outsole designs and sleek uppers, Merrell has filled the niche for the relaxed aftermath of adventure.
Because when you wear Merrell, you can bike from Copenhagen to the world’s oldest amusement park, you can bottle your own wine at a Tuscan Vineyard or you can explore the Ajanta Caves in India. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s go everywhere!
There’s no denying it; pristine beaches, rolling waves, luxury sea view hotels, chic resorts plus copious amounts of sunshine all make for a super relaxing holiday. You could be on a tropical beach, in a mountain hideaway or at a cosy little hotel in the English countryside; either way, if you’re not a fan of packing, unpacking and constantly flying across time zones – then you’d be suited to a simple suitcase. And a simple suitcase means minimal items.
So, what shoes should you bring?
Birkenstock, of course.
The cork footbed allows your feet to feel cushioned with firm arch support while walking, making them comfortable for long periods of time when exploring cities, wandering the countryside or relaxing by the pool. Depending on how you choose to style them, Birkenstocks are great for daytime adventures and evening activities, as you can dress them up with an evening dress or play them down to match your casual daytime outfit.
Summer, winter, autumn or spring: Birkenstocks are the perfect shoes to relax, wander and be stylishly comfortable in for your next holiday.